“ LET US HELP YOU TELL YOUR STORY – TO THE RIGHT AUDIENCE WITH THE RIGHT MESSAGE. ”
Milwaukee Air & Water Show – Jumping with Jeff Cirillo and Ahman Green
August 23, 2013
The 2013 Milwaukee Air & Water Show is in the books!
Team VA was honored to provide PR and media relations assistance to the show for our fourth year. While there were many highlights, one of our favorite aspects of this year’s show were the athlete tandem parachute jumpers on Saturday and Sunday. Former all-star Brewers third baseman, Jeff Cirillo, and retired Green Bay Packers all time leading rusher, Ahman Green, both were brave enough to jump with the All Veterans Parachute Demonstration Team.
The All Veteran Parachute Team is a unique collection of highly experienced parachutists who represent the essence of what it means to be American: patriotism, creativity, initiative, professionalism and dedication to excellence. Each member of the team is a former U.S. Army Golden Knight. Both athletes were honored to jump and shared that they were doing so in support of our military servicemen and women.
We invited media up in the plane with Jeff and Ahman and to get interviews and footage on the beach. Julie helped coordinate the interviews and when the opportunity presented itself to go up in the plane with Ahman, she didn’t think twice before saying yes. She shared that it was an experience she will never forget. Everything from meeting Ahman and his family, to going behind the scenes with the All Vets team, to seeing the Milwaukee skyline from 12,000 feet up right outside the parachute plane, made for an unforgettable experience. Next time she’s ready to be the one skydiving!
The rest of the VA Team took in the spectacle from the ground…both Jeff and Ahman’s reactions upon landing were priceless!
If you weren’t there, we invite you to take a look at the following clips from the experience, both before and after the jumps.
- Jeff Cirillo and the All Vets team visited Fox 6 WakeUp to preview the show: http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/musicandnightlife/weekly-entertainment-calendar-b9964564z1-218005141.html
- Jeff was a busy guy before his jump and also visited TMJ’s The Morning Blend: http://www.themorningblend.com/videos/217770961.html
- CBS 58 did a really nice package on Ahman’s jump: http://www.cbs58.com/news/local-news/Former-Packers-star-running-back-parachutes-with-all-veteran-team-218304361.html
- WISN 12 also did a nice piece on Ahman: http://www.wisn.com/news/south-east-wisconsin/milwaukee/retired-packer-jumps-out-of-plane-at-air-and-water-show/-/10148890/21328958/-/7li6h4z/-/index.html
- In addition to Fox 6: http://fox6now.com/2013/08/08/packers-all-time-leading-rusher-ahman-green-goes-skydiving-with-vets/
We are so thankful to both Ahman and Jeff for all of their help promoting the show – and for jumping! We were impressed with their media skills, but more so with how friendly and down to earth both athletes were. Very cool guys!
Here are a few photos from the weekend. Pretty incredible stuff.